About Understanding Muscles and Movement
Understanding Muscles and Movement explains in easy-to-understand terms how the whole body moves together as an integrated system of muscles, tendons, bones, ligaments, and fascia; information essential for understanding the causes of problematic and limiting musculoskeletal imbalances. You will also learn the unique approach of The BioMechanics Method in regard to understanding how gravity and ground reaction forces change the way the body moves – knowledge that is imperative for designing successful corrective exercise strategies.
What You Will Learn
- In-depth anatomy information about muscles, tendons, bones, ligaments and fascia, including specific muscle origins, insertions and functions
- The difference between traditional and functional anatomy, and how gravity and ground reaction forces change the way a body moves
- The major muscle groups that will dictate the exercise strategies used to improve musculoskeletal health and alleviate associated dysfunction
- How to use anatomy and assessment findings to design and integrate corrective exercise programming into clients’ training programs
What Does the Course Contain?
- Online lessons featuring digital text material, step-by-step video instructions, and assessment demonstrations
- Client assessment forms*
- Skills tests and self-check activities*
- Online tests with unlimited, free retakes if needed
Check Out a Sample From the Course
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Understanding Muscles and Movement is Module 2 of The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification course. It is available for purchase as a standalone course to enable students to learn about the musculoskeletal system and how it can be negatively affected by imbalances while also providing an affordable option for those interested in earning a Corrective Exercise Specialist credential (TBMM-CES).
The remainder of the TBMM-CES course components includes:
- The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment
- The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The BioMechanics Method® Corrective Exercise course is a step-by-step learning program. It is recommended that the course modules be completed in order to optimize the learning experience. If you choose to complete all five components of the program, you will receive a certificate signifying your competency as a Corrective Exercise Specialist from The BioMechanics Method (TBMM-CES).
Additional Course Information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organizations (ACE 1.4, NETA 14.0, ACSM 14.0, PTAG 14.0, CSEP 15.0, Fitness Australia 6.0, BOC 6.5 – Cat A, VA Board of Physical Therapy 6.5 – Type 1, REPsUAE 9.0; NASM and others by petition)
- Eligible to count toward completion of the full TBMM-CES credential (must also successfully complete the remaining 4 course modules listed above)
- Online courseware is non-refundable.
- The digital text materials included with this course are not printable unless labeled as such. (* indicates printable items)