About The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise
The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise gives health and fitness professionals a framework to create successful corrective exercise programs. You will learn the types and elements of corrective exercise, how to select and adapt exercises to meet the needs of each client, and how to coach each technique effectively. With these techniques, you will help alleviate muscle and fascia restrictions, increase mobility and range of movement, build strength and promote pain-free movement within your clients.
Check Out a Sample From the Course
What Does the Course Contain?
- Online lessons featuring digital text material, step-by-step video instructions, and assessment demonstrations
- Skills tests and self-check activities*
- Online tests with unlimited, free retakes if needed
What Will I Be Able to Do Upon Completion of this Course? (Learning Objectives)
- Identify types of exercises that can be used to improve common musculoskeletal imbalances
- Explain what self-myofascial release techniques are and when to use them
- Understand how stretching exercises can be used to increase mobility and range of movement
- Evaluate when to introduce strengthening exercises into corrective exercise programs to help clients move correctly and without discomfort
- Implement exercise regressions and progressions as appropriate to a person’s abilities
What Else Do I Need to Know?
The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise is Module 3 of The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification course. It is available for purchase as a standalone course to enable students to learn about the types and uses of corrective exercises while also providing an affordable option for those interested in earning a Corrective Exercise Specialist credential (TBMM-CES).
The remainder of the TBMM-CES course components includes:
- The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment
- Understanding Muscles and Movement
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist course is a step-by-step learning program. It is recommended that the course modules be completed in order to optimize the learning experience. If you choose to complete all five components of the program, you will receive a certificate signifying your competency as a Corrective Exercise Specialist from The BioMechanics Method (TBMM-CES).
Additional Course Information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organizations (ACE 1.7, NETA 13.0, ACSM 17.0, PTAG 18.0, ISSA 17.0, CSEP 15.0, Fitness Australia 7.0, CIMSPA 8.5, REPsUAE 7.0, BOC 4.75 Cat A, VBOPT 4.75 Type 1; NESTA, NFPT, WITS, YMCA, NASM, and other certifying organizations upon petition. Most physical therapy boards will reciprocate approval for continuing education. Please check with your state.)
- Eligible to count toward completion of the full TBMM-CES credential (must also successfully complete the remaining 4 course modules listed above)
- Must complete course within 12 months of purchase.
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited test retakes if necessary, and 12 months access to the course itself.
- Paid course extensions are available if needed.
- Online courseware is non-refundable.
- The digital text materials included with this course are not printable unless labeled as such. (* indicates printable items)
- Course prices are in US Dollars.