About The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment
The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment provides health and fitness professionals with a step-by-step process for assessing clients for the twelve most common musculoskeletal imbalances that can cause muscle dysfunction, joint discomfort and movement limitations. You will learn how to conduct and apply essential assessments with clients in real-life settings to help you understand how musculoskeletal imbalances can affect a person’s ability to perform exercises and activities of daily living successfully.
Check Out a Sample From the Course
What Does the Course Contain?
- Online lessons featuring digital text material, step-by-step video instructions, and assessment demonstrations
- Client assessment forms*
- Skills tests and self-check activities*
- Online tests with unlimited, free retakes if needed
What Will I Be Able to Do Upon Completion of this Course? (Learning Objectives)
- Identify and implement useful techniques for assessing the musculoskeletal system (i.e. verbal, visual and hands-on)
- Assess the feet, ankles, knees, lumbo-pelvic hip girdle, thoracic spine, shoulder girdle, neck and head for musculoskeletal imbalances with a complete step-by-step process
- Describe how musculoskeletal imbalances can cause muscle dysfunction, joint discomfort and movement limitations
- Explain why musculoskeletal imbalances can affect the function of the entire body
- Record the results of a client’s musculoskeletal assessment
What Else Do I Need to Know?
The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment is Module 1 of The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification course. It is available for purchase as a standalone course to enable students to learn about musculoskeletal imbalances and assessments while also providing an affordable option for those interested in earning a Corrective Exercise Specialist credential (TBMM-CES).
The remainder of the TBMM-CES course components includes:
- Understanding Muscles and Movement
- The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist course is a step-by-step learning program. It is recommended that the course modules be completed in order to optimize the learning experience. If you choose to complete all five components of the program, you will receive a certificate signifying your competency as a Corrective Exercise Specialist from The BioMechanics Method (TBMM-CES).
Additional Course Information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organizations (ACE 1.3, NETA 13.0, ACSM 13.0, PTAG 12.0, ISSA 13.0, CSEP 15.0, Fitness Australia 8.0, CIMSPA 6.5, REPsUAE 7.0, BOC 5.5 Cat A, VBOPT 5.5 Type 1; NESTA, NFPT, WITS, YMCA, NASM, and other certifying organizations upon petition. Most physical therapy boards will reciprocate approval for continuing education. Please check with your state.)
- Eligible to count toward completion of the full TBMM-CES credential (must also successfully complete the remaining 4 course modules listed above)
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited test retakes if necessary, and access to the course itself.
- Online courseware is non-refundable.
- The digital text materials included with this course are not printable unless labeled as such. (* indicates printable items)
- Course prices are in US Dollars.