Helping you deliver valuable
corrective exercise education
Educational resources from The BioMechanics Method
A comprehensive collection of education assets from The BioMechanics Method is available to teachers, instructors, professors, educational institutions and organizations who want to offer unparalleled classes and curriculums for students in the area of corrective exercise. From full-color textbooks to classroom ancillaries to CEC-approved corrective exercise specialist certifications, the resources we offer ensure an engaging and rewarding class experience for both instructors and students as they explore The BioMechanics Method corrective exercise principles and practices.
The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise is a 448-page academic textbook that provides a systematic approach for assessing and addressing musculoskeletal imbalances that cause muscle and joint pain. The content of the text teaches fitness professionals, athletic trainers, strength and conditioning specialists, and physical therapists how to identify common musculoskeletal imbalances and address underlying issues with corrective exercise so clients and patients can resume pain-free movement.
The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise textbook will enable you to teach your students how to:
- Identify and assess common musculoskeletal imbalances
- Understand how those imbalances affect different structures of the body
- Differentiate between the various types of corrective exercises
- Select appropriate exercise strategies for a client’s circumstances
- Design corrective exercise programs that address the underlying cause(s) of a client’s movement discomfort or limitations
Instructors or professors at a college, university or educational institution teaching courses that benefit from the study of corrective exercise are welcome to adopt The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise textbook for use in their classrooms or department curriculums.
A comprehensive set of ancillary support materials is available to all textbook adopters to assist them with teaching the material, assigning homework, and creating tests. Click here to learn more.
- The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) certification course is the highest-rated CES certification in the industry.
- This online course is uniquely designed to be completed in conjunction with your classroom teaching of the information contained in The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise textbook.
- In addition to serving as homework during the semester, the TBMM-CES course provides students with concrete practical skills, video demonstrations of all the assessments, anatomy material, exercises, program design information, and written and video case studies of actual clients.
- It also leads to an industry-recognized specialist certification upon completion that greatly improves student job prospects.
- The TBMM-CES certification is approved for continuing education with the major fitness organizations (i.e., ACE, NASM, ACSM, NETA, ISSA, etc.), the Board of Certification (for athletic trainers), NPCP, The Virginia Board of Physical Therapy, and others.
- Click here to learn more about the TBMM-CES course.
THE BIOMECHANICS METHOD EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
Benefits for instructors
Ancillary support materials
The following ancillaries are available for use by teachers and academic departments in conjunction with The BioMechanics Method for Corrective textbook.
- Any instructor or professor at a college, university or educational institution teaching courses related to the field of corrective exercise can choose to adopt The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise textbook and/or The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) certification course for use in a classroom setting.
- Once this process is formalized, adopting instructors will receive access to the comprehensive set of ancillary support materials to assist them in teaching The BioMechanics Method material, assigning homework, creating tests and/or certifying students as Corrective Exercise Specialists in The BioMechanics Method.
- If you are an eligible instructor, there are no costs to you to adopt the textbook. You will receive a free desk-copy of The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise, and once the adoption is confirmed, be provided with complimentary access to the ancillary support materials for the textbook.
- You will also receive instructions on how your students can secure discounted rates on copies of the textbook and The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) certification course.
- Eligible instructors receive complimentary access to The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) certification course to help them better assist students in comprehending and applying the material contained in The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise.
- As an adopter of The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise, you may utilize the textbook material and ancillaries in your classroom, and if all of your students are enrolled in the TBMM-CES course you can use that material in your classroom as well.
- If all of your students are not enrolled in the TBMM-CES course, you are only permitted to use the textbook and ancillary support materials in your class.
Instructors and/or organizations that have adopted The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise textbook can choose to provide their students with discounted copies of the textbook and substantial discounts to enroll in The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) certification course. Contact us for more information.
Please contact The BioMechanics Method to adopt the textbook and/or TBMM-CES course. Let us know which organization you are with and we will help you and/or your bookstore set up an account with the textbook publisher (Human Kinetics), provide you with access to the ancillary support materials, and set up a call to answer any questions you might have about the adoption process.