Corrective Exercise Specialist of the Year Award
The Corrective Exercise Specialist of the Year award competition recognizes an individual certified as a corrective exercise specialist in The BioMechanics Method that is providing corrective exercise services to clients/patients, and has demonstrated exceptional application of their corrective exercise skills in a personal, business, and/or leadership capacity.
Competition Eligibility Requirements
Applicants for the Corrective Exercise Specialist of the Year® competition must:
- Have completed the TBMM-CES course or Bridging course
- Be utilizing their corrective exercise skills with clients/patients
- Be able to submit 2 short testimonials from clients, peers, or colleagues that attest to their success or accomplishments related to the field of corrective exercise.
Benefits to Corrective Exercise Specialist of the Year Award Recipients
- An equipment and education package valued at over $1,000
- An award trophy
- Recognition from the industry’s leading corrective exercise education provider
- Press releases highlighting award recipient sent to major media outlets
- A position as media spokesperson for The BioMechanics Method
In order to be eligible for the competition, entrants must submit an application packet that consists of the following items between January 1, 2021 and April 30, 2021. Contest applications may be submitted by email or standard mail.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
A copy of your CV or résumé, not to exceed three (3) pages. Please highlight the number of years you have been in your occupational industry, your current role or job title, your major accomplishments and educational background, and any certification(s) you hold in addition to The BioMechanics Method CES certification.
Provide one digital photograph of yourself that may be used for print and online publicity purposes. Photograph should be at least 300dpi and in .jpg file format.
A Personal Essay
Write a three (3) paragraph essay of no more than 500 words describing your interest in, experience, and success with corrective exercise. The first paragraph should cover why you got started in corrective exercise and why you continue to pursue it. The second paragraph should discuss your corrective exercise experience and qualifications. The final paragraph should highlight your effectiveness in applying your corrective exercise skills successfully with clients and/or teaching others through community programs, writing and/or presenting on the topic of corrective exercise.
Supply two (2) short testimonials from clients you have successfully helped through the application of your corrective exercise skills in either written or video format. Ideally, written testimonials should be accompanied by at least one photograph of you working with the client if possible. Video testimonials must be submitted in MP4 format and no longer than three (3) minutes.
Supporting Materials (Optional)
If you wish, you may include up to three (3) newspaper, magazine, or online stories about you and/or your corrective exercise program(s)/facility. Such submissions are not a compulsory part of the competition. However, if you submit supporting materials you agree they may be used as part of any promotional efforts should you be selected as the award winner.
- The Corrective Exercise Specialist of the Year award winner is chosen on the application materials submitted. Include all pertinent information you want the selection committee to know.
- The competition period runs from January 1, 2021 – April 30, 2021. Entries postmarked or received after 4/30/21 will not be reviewed or considered.
- The selection committee chooses three (3) finalists for the award at the end of the competition entry period. The winner will be named and notified on or after June 1, 2021.
How to Submit Your Application for Corrective Exercise Specialist of the Year
If by email: Send all application materials as attachments to email@example.com.
If by regular mail: Send application packets to The BioMechanics Method, ATTN: CESOTY Competition, 3911 Cleveland Ave, #33895, San Diego, CA 92163.