About How to Use The BioMechanics Method Remotely
Being able to provide corrective exercise services remotely is a vital tool for expanding and growing your corrective exercise business. Increasing numbers of people are unable or unwilling to travel to attend in-person appointments. Others are reluctant to visit gyms and health clubs or invite an exercise or fitness professional into their home. Further still, many potential clients may live in different cities and countries making it impractical to attend in-person sessions. To meet these evolving needs, corrective exercise specialists must learn to adapt their skills to offer remote services.
Providing remote corrective exercise consultations and sessions successfully is not simply a matter of replicating your in-person services in front of a web-enabled camera. You must know how to adapt your approach for helping clients realize pain relief and movement enhancement goals in the remote environment. How to Use The BioMechanics Method Remotely is designed to teach you a step-by-step process for providing effective corrective exercise services for clients using The BioMechanics Method via live video feed.
This course contains modified assessment and exercise techniques from The BioMechanics Method that will enable individuals who have completed The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) course to develop and offer remote corrective exercise services. Additionally, the modified assessment process in this course is ideal for in-person services where social distancing must be observed.
What you will learn
- how to prepare clients for participating in remote corrective exercise consultations and sessions
- how to adapt your communication and interaction style to suit distance learning situations
- step-by-step instructions for conducting remote initial consultations using a modified version of The BioMechanics Method structural assessment process
- strategies for concluding remote initial consultations that will prompt clients to sign up for remote services
- teaching techniques for conducting remote corrective exercise sessions and programs
- scope of practice boundaries for remote corrective exercise services
What does the course contain?
- Online lessons featuring digital text material, step-by-step video instructions, and assessment demonstrations
- Client assessment forms*
- Skills tests and self-check activities*
- Online tests with unlimited, free retakes if needed
What else do I need to know?
This course utilizes and demonstrates assessments and exercises contained in The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) program to help individuals who have completed that course develop and expand the services they offer. If you are interested in this course and have not already completed the TBMM-CES program, it is essential that you do so. The purpose of this course is to show you how to adapt the assessments and exercises from the TBMM-CES course for use in remote service offerings and also while maintaining social distancing.
Additional course information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organizations (ACE 1.2, NETA 12.0, ACSM 12.0; NASM and others by petition),
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited test retakes if necessary, and access to the course itself.
- Online courseware is non-refundable.
- The digital text materials included with this course are not printable unless labeled as such. (* indicates printable items)
- Course prices are in US Dollars.