As a successful corrective exercise specialist helping people feel and function better you may find that your time and services are in high demand. From a business perspective this is both rewarding and very exciting. However, to guarantee longevity in your career, and ensure you always have enough energy to provide the best services possible, it is important to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Work-Life Balance as a Corrective Exercise Specialist
Here are some proven strategies to help you not only survive, but thrive both mentally and physically as your business continues to grow.
- Set a specific work schedule by defining opening and closing times and stick to them. Do not make yourself available at any hour.
- Schedule in some “me time” throughout the day by blocking out at least one hour per day in your calendar for you. Work out, go for a walk, have a leisurely lunch, read a book or do whatever fuels you.
- Make networking a fun experience by getting out of the office/gym and visiting potential referral sources. The new location will help you feel revitalized when you return.
- Engage in a physical activity for the pure joy of it. As health and fitness professionals we often believe that all physical activity should be goal driven and directed towards achieving a specific objective (i.e., lose weight, build strength, improve posture, etc.). However, participating in a fun or playful physical activity for the pure joy of it provides both the mind and body a much deserved break.
- Get a change of scene by immersing yourself in nature or going somewhere you don’t typically visit. The “nature break’ will help shift you out of typical patterns of thinking and give you the much-needed mental rest you need to recover effectively.
- Set specific time goals for achieving tasks and don’t try to accomplish everything by tomorrow. Plan your ideas and stick to your plan so that you don’t become overwhelmed.
Changing your habits to maintain a healthy work-life balance as a successful corrective exercise specialist can take time and dedication. However, as you incorporate these strategies into your daily routine you will find that you have more energy, feel happier and are even more effective in your business as a result.