About the TBMM-CES Bridging course
The TBMM-CES Bridging course is intended for health, exercise and fitness professionals who already possess a valid credential or qualification in the area of corrective exercise, functional movement, or posture assessment and correction (see eligibility list below).
It includes the following materials
- The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) online course
What is in the curriculum?
This online course contains exactly the same materials as The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Course (online) to ensure professionals can successfully understand and implement all the principles unique to The BioMechanics Method. It provides instruction and guidance regarding structural assessment, functional anatomy, corrective exercise selection, and corrective exercise program design to compliment your existing skill set.
Course/qualification eligibility list for TBMM-CES Bridging course
If you have previously completed one of the following courses/qualifications, you are eligible to enroll in the TBMM-CES Bridging course:
- NASM (CES)
- ISSA (CES)
- ACE Orthopedic Exercise Specialist
- ACE Functional Training Specialist
- Muscle Activation Techniques
- CHEK Institute
- Certification in Applied Functional Science® (CAFS)
- Certified Athletic Trainer (AT)
- Function First Pain-Free Movement
- Anatomy Trains/ATSI
- ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- AFAA’s Sustaining Mobility & Movement series
- AFAA’s Injury Prevention Series – Essential Injury Prevention (Parts 1-4)
- National Posture Institute
- Tigger Point
- REHAB Courses (i.e., Masterclass and Practitioner)
- Posture Theory and Application to Pilates Exercises by Merrithew
- Fascial Movement Foundation by Merrithew
- Integrative Corrective Exercise Approach
- Corrective Exercise Australia
- Postural Analysis & Corrective Exercise Intervention (Australia)
- Postpartum Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification
- Institute of Motion Mentorship
- Human Motion Mentorship
- OD on Movement Mentorship
Note: Other qualifications and courses may eligible for enrollment in the TBMM-CES Bridging course. Please contact The BioMechanics Method for more information.
Is the TBMM-CES course approved for continuing education credit?
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) course is CEC-approved by the following:
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – 8.0 CECs
- National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA) – 80.0 CECs
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – 80.0 CECs
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) – 2.0 CEUs (Cat. C)
- REPs UAE – 40 CPDs (total for all course modules)
- AUSActive – 37 CECs (total for all course modules)
- CIMSPA – 10 CPDs
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) – 15 CPDs
- International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) – 20 CEUs
- National Pilates Certification Program (NPCP) – 12 CECs
- Board of Certification (BOC) – 32.0 Category A CEUs
- Virginia Board of Physical Therapy (VBOPT) – 32.0 Type 1
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) – 15 CEUs
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) – 1.9 CEUs
The course is also eligible for continuing education credits from IFPA, NESTA, NFPT, WITS, YMCA, and many other certifying organizations upon petition. Most physical therapy boards will reciprocate approval for continuing education. Please check with your state. The National Strength and Conditioning Association approved 2.0 CEU(s) in category C for certified individuals who successfully complete this course.
What else do I need to know?
- Bridging course students will be required to submit proof of a previous corrective exercise credential or qualification upon successful completion of the course before their TBMM-CES credential certificate will be issued.
- The course contains online lessons, digital text material, step-by-step video instruction and demonstrations, client assessment forms, self-check activities, and online tests. A list of printable downloads is available for each course lesson under the course downloads tab. Digital material not itemized in the downloads tab of a course is not printable.
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited free test retakes if necessary, and access to the course itself.
- Online courseware is non-refundable.
- Course prices are in US Dollars.
Benefits of completing the TBMM-CES Bridging course
- The TBMM-CES course is the highest-rated CES specialty credential in the fitness industry with Specialists in more than 70 countries
- A certificate recognizing your TBMM-CES Status
- Inclusion on The BioMechanics Method Online Specialist Referral Register
- Verification of TBMM Specialist Status on IDEA Fitness Connect
- Automatically eligible for TBMM Advanced Corrective Exercise Specialist course (Ad-CES)
- Earn valuable continuing education credit with major health and fitness certifying organizations
- Eligible to apply for Corrective Exercise Specialist of the Year® Award