About The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist course (Online/E-BOOK)
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist course (online/e-book version) certification course is the premier CES specialty education choice for exercise, health and fitness professionals. It includes all of the essential learning resources required to obtain the TBMM-CES credential, plus additional benefits available only to TBMM Certificate holders.
It Includes the Following Materials
- The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) online course
- A copy of The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise E-BOOK
What is in the Curriculum?
To earn your TBMM-CES credential you will complete a comprehensive online course that consists of the following five modules:
- The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment
- Understanding Muscles and Movement
- The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment (Module 1)
This learning module teaches you a step-by-step process for conducting musculoskeletal assessments so you can identify common musculoskeletal imbalances that can cause muscle dysfunction, joint discomfort and movement limitations. You will learn verbal, visual, and hands-on techniques for assessing the feet and ankles, knees, lumbo-pelvic hip girdle, thoracic spine and shoulder girdle, and the neck and head. You will also learn how musculoskeletal imbalances in one area of the body can cause problems in other areas.
Understanding Muscles and Movement (Module 2)
This learning module explains in easy-to-understand terms how the whole body moves together as an integrated series of muscles, tendons, bones, ligaments, and fascia; information that is essential for understanding the root causes of musculoskeletal imbalances. It will teach you about major muscle groups in detail, as well as specific muscle origins, insertions, and functions. You will also discover the unique approach of The BioMechanics Method in regard to understanding how gravity and ground reaction forces change the way the body moves — knowledge that is imperative for designing effective corrective exercise programs.
The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise (Module 3)
This learning module builds upon the knowledge and skills learned in Modules 1 and 2, and explains the most effective types of exercises for eliminating lower back, hip, shoulder, knee, neck, foot, and ankle dysfunction caused by common musculoskeletal imbalances. You will learn about self-myofascial release techniques that will enable you to alleviate restrictions in muscles and fascia, stretching exercises to help increase a client’s mobility and range of movement, and strengthening exercises to help people begin to move correctly and without limitations. You will also learn valuable strategies for regressing exercises when necessary, and then progressing exercises as a client’s abilities improve. Specific contraindications for each exercise type are also included to ensure safety and effectiveness.
The Complete Corrective Exercise Library (Module 4)
This learning module contains descriptions and demonstrations of almost 200 of the most effective corrective exercises for addressing musculoskeletal imbalances (including progressions and regressions). The fundamental principles of each corrective exercise category are highlighted as well as the key teaching tips for every exercise. This comprehensive collection of techniques serves as an exercise guide to help you to create programs that are most appropriate for a client’s needs.
Corrective Exercise Program Design (Module 5)
This learning module guides you through the corrective exercise program design process from start to finish, teaching you how to develop and use effective communication strategies when working with clients that have corrective exercise needs. Comprehensive, real-life case studies using actual clients are also included that demonstrate the complete The BioMechanics Method process. In addition to tying together the information from Modules 1-4, this fifth and final module of TBMM-CES course focuses on developing client communication skills and creating and networking and referral strategies so you can apply your skills within your scope of practice in the real world.
Is the TBMM-CES Course Approved for Continuing Education Credit?
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) course is CEC-approved by the following:
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – 8.0 CECs
- National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA) – 80.0 CECs
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – 80.0 CECs
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) – 2.0 CEUs (Cat. C)
- REPs UAE – 40 CPDs (total for all course modules)
- AUSActive – 37 CECs
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) – 15 CPDs
- CIMSPA – 10 CPDs
- International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) – 20 CEUs
- National Pilates Certification Program (NPCP) – 12 CECs
- Board of Certification (BOC) – 32.0 Category A CEUs
- Virginia Board of Physical Therapy (VBOPT) – 32.0 Type 1
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) – 15 CEUs
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NSAM) – 1.9 CEUs
The course is also eligible for continuing education credits from IFPA, NESTA, NFPT, WITS, YMCA, and many other certifying organizations upon petition.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
- Upon successful completion of this course you will receive your TBMM-CES certificate.
- The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Course (Online/E-BOOK Version) course contains online lessons, digital text material, an electronic textbook, step-by-step video instruction and demonstrations, client assessment forms, self-check activities, and online tests. A list of printable downloads is available for each course lesson under the course downloads tab. Digital material not itemized in the downloads tab of a course is not printable.
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited free test retakes if necessary, and access to the course itself.
- Online courseware is non-refundable.
- Course prices are in US Dollars.
Benefits of Completing The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Course (Online/E-BOOK Version)
- The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) course is the highest-rated CES specialty credential in the fitness industry with Specialists in more than 70 countries
- A certificate recognizing your TBMM-CES Status
- Inclusion on The BioMechanics Method Online Specialist Referral Register
- Verification of TBMM Specialist Status on IDEA Fitness Connect
- Automatically eligible for TBMM Advanced Corrective Exercise Specialist course (Ad-CES)
- Earn valuable continuing education credit with major health and fitness certifying organizations
- Eligible to apply for Corrective Exercise Specialist of the Year® Award